Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

conceptual question

Hello Community!

So one of our VP's has a request to do something in a report, and not sure how to go about it.  

Here is a small section of her Excel report.    The "Risk #"  indicates, essentially, a probablity, and it applies to the values to the right  ($1,382,049 for example).    In this case, Risk 2 is equal to 75%....meaning that the value in the cell to the right ($1,382,049) is 75% of it's original value.  

I pull this same CRM data into Power Bi and it comprises to compile some CRM reports.    Our CRM is very basic so there is no chance of doing any manipulation in that system. 

risk.png

My task is to somehow be able to apply this same type of Risk matrix  (1, 2, 3 each of varying probabilities), to a specific record, like she has done here.   I don't want to apply the Risk value to a whole series (a whole row or column).    Just specific records, like you see above.  

I love the Paramater what if capability in power bi and thought perhaps that might come into play.   Or creating a separate Risk # table with something like Risk 1 = 90%   Risk 2 = 75%  etc, and then somehow connecting that.    But just not sure...?

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please check if the below screen shot is what you want? 

Original value.JPG

If yes, you can get it by the below 2 methods:

1. Create a calculated column or measure directly with SWITCH function

COriginal value = DIVIDE('Table'[Sales],SWITCH('Table'[Risk #],1,0.9,2,0.75)) //Calculated column
MOriginal value = SUMX(VALUES('Table'[Risk #]), DIVIDE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),SWITCH(MAX('Table'[Risk #]),1,0.9,2,0.75))) //Measure

2. Create a risk table and a measure to get it just like below screen shot

Original value = DIVIDE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),CALCULATE(MAX('Risk'[Rate]),FILTER(ALL('Risk'[Risk #]),'Risk'[Risk #]=MAX('Table'[Risk #]))))

conceptual question.JPG

I created a sample pbix file with the above methods, you can download it from this link.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please check if the below screen shot is what you want? 

Original value.JPG

If yes, you can get it by the below 2 methods:

1. Create a calculated column or measure directly with SWITCH function

COriginal value = DIVIDE('Table'[Sales],SWITCH('Table'[Risk #],1,0.9,2,0.75)) //Calculated column
MOriginal value = SUMX(VALUES('Table'[Risk #]), DIVIDE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),SWITCH(MAX('Table'[Risk #]),1,0.9,2,0.75))) //Measure

2. Create a risk table and a measure to get it just like below screen shot

Original value = DIVIDE(MAX('Table'[Sales]),CALCULATE(MAX('Risk'[Rate]),FILTER(ALL('Risk'[Risk #]),'Risk'[Risk #]=MAX('Table'[Risk #]))))

conceptual question.JPG

I created a sample pbix file with the above methods, you can download it from this link.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is exactly it!   Thanks Ruth!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.