Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wneiton
Resolver I
Resolver I

concatenate calculated column

Hi

I'd like some help!

I need to concatenate NF + MI + MV and put the result in Criterios Column. 

NF,MI,MV are calculated columns. 

That's my table. 

concatenar.JPG

My goal is to get a concatenate column, like that

proposta11 | 3,88 |4,00 | 4,00 | 3,884,004,00 

proposta5 | 3,75 |3,75 | 3,75 | 3,753,753,75 

and so on 

But Concatenate formula seems not work with calculated column. Thanks for help!

I am doing this because I need create a rank based on some tiebreaker criteria to determine the winner proposta.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ajohn1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I got this example from here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/query-bi/dax/concatenate-function-dax

Criterios = Concatenate(NF, Concatenate(",", Concatenate(MI, Concatenate(",", MV))))

[Edited, I didnt see you already had commas. I also did this with calculated columns from my data. You might need to update your desktop version if this is not working for you.] 

Criterios = Concatenate(NF, Concatenate(MI, MV))

View solution in original post

Hi @ajohn1

It worked, I used this expression: 

Criterios = CONCATENATE(FIXED(SomaTotal[NF];2);CONCATENATE(FIXED(SomaTotal[MI];2);FIXED(SomaTotal[MV];2)))

however, I don't know why, but I got the dot as a result instead of comma. Look at the picture below. 

concatenar.JPG

thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tkporter
Regular Visitor

This is not directly responsive to the question, but I have seen several people seeking a solution to concatenating 3 columns when editing a query (see example when desiring to get a FullName from 3 columns).

LastName, FirstName, MI, for example.

I recently found you can get there with a simple measure ...

Full Name = MemberName[NameFirst] & ", " & MemberName[NameLast] & ", " & MemberName[NameMiddle]

... by selecting 2 or more Table[columnnames] which will appear on your Report Canvas after selecting the "fields you want. Then immediately left click on the table name and instead on selecting a "measure" select "column" and an "equal" sign will appear in the Measure area. Simply use the above syntax after naming your "column" measure (in the above case I used FullName = ). Apologies in advance for dropping this in the wrong place ... any help to get this moved to the right place will be appreciated.

ajohn1
Advocate I
Advocate I

I got this example from here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/query-bi/dax/concatenate-function-dax

Criterios = Concatenate(NF, Concatenate(",", Concatenate(MI, Concatenate(",", MV))))

[Edited, I didnt see you already had commas. I also did this with calculated columns from my data. You might need to update your desktop version if this is not working for you.] 

Criterios = Concatenate(NF, Concatenate(MI, MV))

Hi @ajohn1

It worked, I used this expression: 

Criterios = CONCATENATE(FIXED(SomaTotal[NF];2);CONCATENATE(FIXED(SomaTotal[MI];2);FIXED(SomaTotal[MV];2)))

however, I don't know why, but I got the dot as a result instead of comma. Look at the picture below. 

concatenar.JPG

thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.