Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

comparing the year to year sales

Hi Team,

how can I compare 2 years sales in Line chart.

for eg: I have to compare current year sales and 2018 sales and x- axis is weeks and only last 6 weeks and should change dynamically.and 2018 sales trajectory is independent to user he can compare with 2013.2014 like that.

Please help me on this and also how can x-axis dynamically change.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,
Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How do you wanna show the X-axis dynamically? do you mean the 6weeks can be week1-week6/week2-week7/.../week47-week52? and the X-axis only show constant 6 weeks no matter in which period. 

It's preferred to share your dummy pbix/simple worksheet , that would be easier for us to provide the advice.

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to show recent 6 weeks ie,,. if today is sixth 6 ..I want to show 1 to 6 weeks in a line chart it should be dynamically changing like next  today is 7 th week..2 to 7 like that.and I can compare with year sales in the same line chart.

I have sent you with the PBIX file.

Please help me in this regard.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can work out the sales of 2013, and sales of 2014 in same period (Recent 6 weeks till today), but it's not feasible to set the dynamic weeknumbers as X-axis. I'd like to suggest you use the KPI rather than line chart. 

Please find the pbix here: https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/dinaye_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/EZoGJm41kjhFuiDQD5ftqtIBhTa9KvHn7w-lHp9uloX6bg?e=jrRx6x

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you diye..could you please let me know how to use that KPI visual because if I'm selecting both years and week it is showing the values as blank . is it possible to compare current year sales and previous year sales same week sales in the line chart.

The ultimate goal is to export to PPT . I cannot use the custom visual like KPI right??

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to this official document to use KPI visual: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-kpi

If you'd like to compare them in static X-axis,it's ok to use line chart, but actually, you'd like to compare them in dynamic 6 weeks (Always in latest 6 weeks), isn't it? then it's not accessible then. 

You can publish the report to service then export to PPTX, detail refer to :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/export-power-bi-report-to-powerpoint-preview/     

quickly.

Hi @Anonymous 

If my above post helps, could you please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. thanks!

Best regards,
Dina Ye

quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you diye..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.