Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

comparing day wise sales with previous year

How can I compare this year sales with exactly the same weekday sales of last year. Take for instance, Today is October 1st 2015 i must compare today sales with sales on October 2nd 2014 because this two days are thursdays of the same week and month.  And i also want to assign the comparable days as "P" and non comparable days as "T". Say here 1st october 2014 and 31st october 2015 as "T" and the rest is "P". help me.y1.png

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to have a column in your data table that will allow DAX to "know" what the previous day to compare to was. Do you have a date table?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Anonymous . Yes i am having a date column with date from 2018/01/01 to today along with the list of columns containing weekdays, days, weekday no, year 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply nick. Yes i am having a date column with date from 2018/01/01 to today along with the list pof columns containing weekdays, days, weekday no, year 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.