Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

snifer
Post Patron
Post Patron

comparing 2 total

i got a table look as in attached file

Capture.PNG

for the same "ExpenseInvoiceID" i need the compare the Sum of "Linesum" with one of the line from"money from recon test"

in this case

125.76+150= 275.76

problem is that everytime money from recon sum are taken as double since 2 lines

this is just an example sometime the lines are 3

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @snifer,

Based on my test, you could refer to below steps:

Sample data:

1.PNG

Create a measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[LineSum]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[SubID]=MAX('Table1'[SubID])))-CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[money]),FILTER('Table1','Table1'[money]=MAX('Table1'[money])))

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix file to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

it looks like to be working

I got the same issue the sum if line sum 15049.79 - sum amount 172472.82 should be equal to diffe nav-xsp calculated with the formula u posted above,

strange things that between the line I can see just few cents different where result sho as 2280.18

i filter out the diffe that is not 0 put some of them still showing...Capture.PNG

Hi @snifer,

Could you please share a sample file and post your desired result to help me test your problem?

Regards,
Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @snifer,

Don't know if you want one formula with the comparision or not but try something like this:

Valid = SUM(Table[LineSum]) - MAX([money from recon test])

Then just add this with the  Expense ID to a table visual and you should get 0 if it equal.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.