Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NewbieJono
Post Patron
Post Patron

compare values between two dates

Hello, i have a page with 1 table and date select, i also have another table and date select. both tables are identical but the date select allows you to load two tables with diffrent date snapshots for comparison.

is there a way i can compare the total in one table to the total in another.

e.g

Fitler Date 1 -  1 /1/2021 - Volume 1000

Fitler Date 2 -  1/6/2021 - Volume 2000 ( 100% increase)

Thanks all

9 REPLIES 9
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @NewbieJono 

If you have two slicers created from the same date table( maybe you have edit Interactions of slicer visual),you can't use min and max to get the values of these two slicers separately like @Jihwan_Kim  did in the second attached file.

You must add another date calendar table and apply them to the slicers separately, as shown in @Jihwan_Kim  first attached pbix file.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @NewbieJono 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

One of ways to show two results in one table is to have two measures that calculate different times.

If it is OK with you, please share your sample pbix file's link here, then I can try to look into it to come up with a solution.

Thank you.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

sorry i am unable to share my file, but your idea sounds like it could work. could you give me an example of the DAX

Hi, @NewbieJono 

I am not sure if my sample pbix file suits to your case.

Please check the link down below, that is the sample pbix file.

All measures are in the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htc1thl34ruoueh/newbiejono.pbix?dl=0 

Thank you.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

thank you, this is almost there. howver i only have 1 date table, and 1 data table. is there a method like this ?

Hi, @NewbieJono 

Please check the link down below.

I tried to meet your requirement, but still not sure if it is what you are looking for.

I cannot know all the business cases in the world, but I have not seen a case like what I have just created. So, I am not convinced about it, but I tried to meet your requirement.

Please kindly check.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7a475ned6fugt02/newbiejono%202.pbix?dl=0 

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thank you for your time on this. i have a table that shows a snapshot of date selected. my user want to compare snapshots.

normally i would just do a trend graph. but the snapshot also includes an"oldest date" field. this field displays the oldest date of work currently on record.

e.g today the oldest date shows 23.02.    the oldest date yesterdy was 21.02

sorry to bother you agian, i have reviewd the file. its so close to what i need. but i have set up two identical filter on my page. one to select comparison 1 and one to select comparison 2. the date filters are based on the same data table. is there any method for this ?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@NewbieJono , are there two tables and one date table?

if you need two date range on one table refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeZr_-MiTg

Also, check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfRKzhMaR4&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGYo50Ajmr4SgSV9HIQLxc8L&index=13

But you can not take dif using approach in second video

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.