Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yusuf
Frequent Visitor

compare data by hour

Hello,

I have situation that I have to show trend of sales between today until now vs last week the same day until = today's now.

Example :   Date                                         

08/11/2021 11:17:00 ( date is today up to date and should count all raws until now)     

vs 

Date 

01/11/2021 11:17:00  ( date is last week the same day and it should count sales until the same hour as today) 

Result :

I need to show trend between two dates   i.e  number of consultation (raws) today until now = 300 , last week the same day and until the same hour it was 350  and  - % 1,16   difference something like this 🙂 

I did it in SQL =

select visit_at, count(*) from
consultation
where date(consultation.visit_at) between now() - interval 8 day and now() and weekday(consultation.visit_at) = weekday(now()) and time_format(visit_at, '%T') <= time_format((now() + interval 1 hour),'%T')
group by date(visit_at)
order by date(visit_at) asc

but I am not 100% confident with dax.. 

Would be appreciated if anyone got any idea

Thanks,

Yusuf                

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try to create a measure like below:

Measure = 
var _now = NOW()
var last_week = _now-7
return CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Visit at]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Visit at]>=last_week&&'Table'[Visit at]<=_now))

Vlianlmsft_0-1637135973675.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yusuf ,

Could you please provide some sample data or sample pbix so that I can do more tests to help you solve this problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-... 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @V-lianl-msft ,

Thank you for offering help.

Please see below sample table which you can refer to work on it.

Visit_atCount
2021-10-09 07:00:001

2021-10-09 08:00:00 ( last week the same day and time as today now )

2021-10-09 09:00:001
2021-10-16 07:00:001
2021-10-16 08:00:00 (today now)1
I need number of count from last week the same day untill  = (today now)need to track performance if our visits were more than last week within the day and time from last week. 
i.e=today now is = 2021-11-16 17:37:00 and number of visits until this time  20                  -->                                                                   what was the number of visit last week the same day until the same time as today -> 2021-11-09 17:37:00 number of visits ? 

Try to create a measure like below:

Measure = 
var _now = NOW()
var last_week = _now-7
return CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Visit at]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Visit at]>=last_week&&'Table'[Visit at]<=_now))

Vlianlmsft_0-1637135973675.png

@V-lianl-msft 

Actually I noticed now your measure counting everything between => last week and <= Now and what I was trying to find is  today's count until now vs lastweek  the same day until the same hour as today. example today until now  by 2021/17/11 17:12:00 count is 20 and what is the count by 2021/10/11 17:12:00 only one day calculation not all week.

Any idea on that? 

Thanks

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your meaning before. Measure has been updated:

last_week = 
var last_week_start = TODAY()-7
var last_week_end = NOW()-7
return CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Visit_at]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Visit_at]>=last_week_start&&'Table'[Visit_at]<=last_week_end))
today = 
var _start = TODAY()
var _end = NOW()
return CALCULATE(COUNT('Table'[Visit_at]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Visit_at]>=_start&&'Table'[Visit_at]<=_end))

@V-lianl-msft 

Thank you so much! It works perfectly 🙂 

Very much appreciated to your time and support.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.