Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mattkarriker
Helper I
Helper I

compare columns in two tables

I have the need to report on operational accuracy of our delivery team.  The goal is to analyze our shipment data and compare the actual shipping warehouse to the default shipping warehouse of the customer location.  My model consists or a fact table with shipment information, Links to CustomerDim, DateDim, and WarehouseDim.  In the CustomerDim I store the default shippping warehouse.  I want to compare Actual Shipping warehouse to the Customer Default Shipping warehouse to see if they match.  I am trying to add a column to the shipment fact table display true/false or 1/0 if the shipment originated from the proper warehouse.  I have not found a way to say if WarehouseDim[Warehouse]  = CustomerDim[Default Warehouse] then true else false.  The simple if statement says cant find WarehouseDim.  So I tried Values(WarehouseDim[Warehouse]) = Values(CustomerDim[Default Warehouse]), then I get no error on the formula but when I try to use the calculated field in a visual I get "A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected.".  Any ideas you can share on how to accomplish this task is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion
1 REPLY 1
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.