Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sgodfrey
Frequent Visitor

compare a date field to a defined date

Hi,

I'm trying to count the number of rows where a certain date/time field has been met according to a statically defined date in DAX as the visual filter will not work with the particular viz I require.  Both the date and the time of that particular day need to be met, and it doesn't appear to be evaluating the date/time properly, as when the date/time portion of the filter are removed, all else returns fine.  passwordChange has Data Type set to Date/Time.  For example, I have tried the following without success:

PWDGT06152018_Enabled = CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[acctname]), FILTER ('Table', 'Table'[AcctType]="Value" && 'Table'[EnabledDisabled]="Enabled" && 'Table'[passwordChange].[Date] >= 6/15/2018 2:30 PM))

PWDGT06152018_Enabled = CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT(Table[acctname]), FILTER ('Table', 'Table'[AcctType]="Value" && 'Table'[EnabledDisabled]="Enabled" && 'Table'[passwordChange].[Date] >= 20180615143000 ))

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, still double-checking the results and math, but its definitely evaluating both the date and the time now!  🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @sgodfrey,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share some data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SteveCampbell
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello,

Usually, it is good to use DATE() and TIME() functions for comparison.

Can you try:

PWDGT06152018_Enabled =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( Table[acctname] ),
    FILTER (
        'Table',
        'Table'[AcctType] = "Value"
            && 'Table'[EnabledDisabled] = "Enabled"
            && 'Table'[passwordChange].[Date]
                >= DATE ( 2018, 06, 15 ) + TIME ( 14, 30, 0 )
    )
)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Proud to be a Super User!

Connect with me!
Stay up to date on  
Read my blogs on  

Thanks, still double-checking the results and math, but its definitely evaluating both the date and the time now!  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.