cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cathryn Member

combining published datasets and using row level security

Hi All

I'm stuck trying to figure out how to combine 2 published datasets into one Power BI report.  I saw that there was a new feature called 'Composite Model' but when I grabbed the latest Power BI Desktop, it's not in the preview anymore.

Is there a way to pull 2 different Power BI Datasets and then provide security around them without having to create a whole new data model?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: combining published datasets and using row level security

Hey,

there are some good news, that the preview feature "Composite data models" is no longer available in the preview list, means that it is no longer a preview feature.

Unfortunately, there are also some bad news. This document

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-composite-models

describes, how you can utilize various data sources in one model, without the need to import the data.

In the "Limitations and considerations" section you will that "Live connection" are not supported (at least not currently) from composite data models.

So as I read "published datasets" as datasets that are hosted in the Power BI Service, I guess you have to find another idea.

Regards,

Tom

Hamburg - Germany
If I answer you question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.
Proud to be a Datanaut!