Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RMV
Helper V
Helper V

combined table

Hi,

I'm trying to find a smarter way to create 1 table, to combine 2 types of calculation, i.e. a sum of a category & a result from a measured column.

For example:

sum of Category A = 1000 (which is a sum from the raw data)

sum of Category B = 900 (which is a sum from the raw data)

Gap = 100 (which is returned from a measured column (Gap = SUM([Category A]) + SUM([Category B])

The table result is suppose to look like this:

TotalAverage
Category A1000110
Category B90095
Gap10015

Now, have 2 separate tables for Category A & Category B total & average, and another table for the Gap measured total & average.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RMV

We used calculated columns to get the desired table, so using slicer here is not work as expected, unless we use calculated measure.

But using calculate measures, we will not be able to get the desired table format, the only way is to use two table visuals.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@RMV

In such scenario, we may need to create another table and some calculated columns as a trick.

The new created table needs to have a column which includes Category A, B, and Gap like following screenshot. Then we can use IF function to do the desired calculations.

For details, please refer to attached PBIX file.

combined table_1.jpgcombined table_2.jpgcombined table_3.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

This is awesome. I got the concept & managed to create the format.

However, I faced another challenge.

I have 2 slicers from the raw data table, i.e. Table 1 in this example, i.e. entity & month.

Need a further advise, how can I link the slicers to the new table?

@RMV

We used calculated columns to get the desired table, so using slicer here is not work as expected, unless we use calculated measure.

But using calculate measures, we will not be able to get the desired table format, the only way is to use two table visuals.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi @v-haibl-msft,

Thanks for the explanation.

It's not what I expected, since it took an amount of time to do the setting (for example format, interactions, etc)

But, I can live with separated tables for now Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.