Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fanato
Advocate I
Advocate I

column renaming not working on Fields pane and causes refresh to crash

Hi,

After October update, when renaming a column in the Fields pane it does nothing.  Then when you try to refresh from the "Refresh" button on Power bi desktop it crashes with the following error:

refresh.PNG

After investigation, I realized the step for the rename was added on the PowerQuery Editor, but it seems it was not linked to the corresponding display on the Fields pane.  Removing the step from query editor solves the issue, but it was not easy to catch.

Thanks for your help.

Feymar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi fanato,

Have you solved your issue? Could you kindly mark one answer to finish this thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, fanato

Your issue is when you rename a column then the name modification step appears in query editor but the refresh fail in report level, right? I have made a test on my side but can't reproduce your issue. Could you share some more details or a sample data for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer.  That is right, I renamed the column in the Fields pane (not in Power Query), and for some reason it did not take the rename there, but it seems it generated a step in Power Query.  

The failure occurs when refreshing at the report level (not in Power Query).

Unfortunately, I cannot send a file nor reproduce the issue as my Power BI version was rolled back to August version.  I could try again when I get the new version reinstalled.

Regards,
Feymar

Hi fanato,

Have you solved your issue? Could you kindly mark one answer to finish this thread?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.