Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eseulhoi
Frequent Visitor

column does not exist in the rowset

Hi,

I found many messages posted already regarding this error but none of them seem to apply my situation.

I have a dashboard published. It works fine on desktop version, but when I refresh on web it says the column does not exist in the rowset.

I tried deleting the whole table and create again but still the same.

Can anybody please help?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to everyone,

i have this problem for a while and couldn't find a solution.

To elaborate, I'm working on the salesforce datasource.

I can import the data of account and lead objects and refresh them on a power bi desktop.
But when I want to publish it to the cloud service and update the data, I get the following error.

Data source error: The 'Language__c' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Lead.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-E-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 78b9a7fd-e223-436d-8156-60398eb65520
Request ID: f40d2d0c-19bc-dbe9-8350-4b2a2938fa5d
Time: 2021-03-16 06:53:50Z

I deleted the fields where I got errors, changed their names, updated the datasource on the navigation step in the power query, I created datasets with different names. However, none of them have been resolved.

Finally, we opened tickets to Microsoft and Salesforce.

Microsoft said the problem was related to Salesforce security settings and did not assume the problem, Salesforce said that the problem is caused by Microsoft because the update can be made in the Power BI desktop 🙂

We are in a big impasse right now.

Anyone have a different solution on this issue?

Hi,

did you manage to resolve this issue with Power BI and Salesforce? I'm facing something similiar, I was going to raise a ticket with Microsoft but it would be good to know if you managed to fix this.

Thanks.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eseulhoi ,

Could you refresh it successfully in desktop? I think it should prabably refer to the precedures you made in power query, since I can't repliacte the issue, i'd like to send you the article(https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2015/02/26/handling-added-or-missing-columns-in-power-query/) for reference.

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.