Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TasosSTV
Frequent Visitor

column chart with both X axis levels one next to the other

Hello,

I need to create a visualization that I don't know how to do it and I haven't found a similar topic.

I have created a legend based on movement status. In the screenshot below, there are three columns (X-axis is the movement status and value is 1).

level1level1

However, next to these three, I want to add a fourth column (let's call it mixed), if a movement has more than one statuses (e.g. I have three orders for the same product to three different destinations. Two of them are accepted and the third is still pending). I have created a new table with one column and one value (i.e. Mixed) and added it to the Axis field.

level2level2

However, when I try to show both, PowerBI gives me the graph below instead of the one I want. 

Level1&2Level1&2

Any help is more than welcome.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Neha,

Thank you for your answer.

The issue is that the "mixed" status, doesn't really exist in my data. It is a notional one based on the scenario I explained above.

I believe I have managed to do what I was looking for. I firstly created a summarised table (based on the product description in my case). Following that, I created a new column called "NewStatus". If there are orders for the same product with only one status, then I return this value. Otherwise, it returns the word "Mixed" (code below).

NewStatus = IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Movements[Status]))=1,FIRSTNONBLANK(Movements[Status],Movements[Status]),"Mixed")

Thanks for your help though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
neha369
Helper I
Helper I

You should be having all the status in one column i.e accepted, Open, Pre allocated and mixed . Instead of creating a table. create one column of actual status and define what movement describe what status. And then you can use "Actual status in your axis. "

Hello Neha,

Thank you for your answer.

The issue is that the "mixed" status, doesn't really exist in my data. It is a notional one based on the scenario I explained above.

I believe I have managed to do what I was looking for. I firstly created a summarised table (based on the product description in my case). Following that, I created a new column called "NewStatus". If there are orders for the same product with only one status, then I return this value. Otherwise, it returns the word "Mixed" (code below).

NewStatus = IF(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT(Movements[Status]))=1,FIRSTNONBLANK(Movements[Status],Movements[Status]),"Mixed")

Thanks for your help though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.