Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

coloring graph based on buckets

Hello everyone,

I am working on sample project and I am trying to color he graph based on sum of percentage. But I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone please help me out.

I have attached the graph I am trying to replicate. I have slot hold and slot machine performance columns. I created a new column " Percentage of slot holds" and use color saturation to change the colors of the graphs, but unable to create buckets and change the color of the graphs by assigning the colors to the buckets.

color coding.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you want to find this option for changing the color of the graphs. If you have a field under Color saturation, you could find Diverging option under Data color format.

Untitled.png

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Anonymous Don't think so.  Can you do it for a matrix tho by coloring based on alternate value. So perhaps they will introduce it soon for other visualizatons.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous if this is the required solution could you mark it as one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous the solution is helpful, but its not exactly what I am looking for here. I wanted to know how to perform conditional formating for bar graphs.

Regards,

Jyothi.

Feature is not currently available but based on what I say previewed at the MS BI summit may be available soonish. They will be rolling out Dax controlled formatting visual elements. Some of the first will be Dynamic Titkes for visuals. Not sure when coloring of bars will be included.

There are a number of ideas on this including this one. Vote or post a more specific idea and share a link and I’ll give it mine.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6518993-set-colors-and-conditiona...
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Seward12533 I tried for matrix based graph but still have troble doing it. 

Is there any link that can explan me how to do it for matrix based graph atlease.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jyothi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

Thanks for the respnose, I did that but I want to color the graph based on the sum of percentage.
Example if sum of percent is between 0-20% i want it to be light yellow and if it is between 20-40% i want it to be different color and so on.

Is there anything I can do for this.

Thanks and Regards,

Jyothi 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.