Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WJ876400
Helper IV
Helper IV

color Formatting

Hi

I have two columns on a table, like below. I want to color the column hours completed so that if the hours are the same or higher then target hours it is green and if it is below the target hours its is red. Is this possible to do,

Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @WJ876400 ,

In your scenario, we can create a measure to judge the situation like below: 

Measure =
IF ( MIN ( 'Table'[Target Sales] ) > MIN ( 'Table'[Sales Completed] ), 1, 0 )

Then in the Conditional Formatting, we can set the rule for the Sales Completed column:
PBIDesktop_j6DiXdwHld.png

Then click the Advanced controls, set the rule:

2RmOoDfUKG.png

The result will like below:

PBIDesktop_GIZxLD5rJ2.png

Best Regards,

Teige

View solution in original post

Hi @WJ876400 ,

I make a measure on the same table.

Best Regards,

Tiege

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

HI @WJ876400 ,

In your scenario, we can create a measure to judge the situation like below: 

Measure =
IF ( MIN ( 'Table'[Target Sales] ) > MIN ( 'Table'[Sales Completed] ), 1, 0 )

Then in the Conditional Formatting, we can set the rule for the Sales Completed column:
PBIDesktop_j6DiXdwHld.png

Then click the Advanced controls, set the rule:

2RmOoDfUKG.png

The result will like below:

PBIDesktop_GIZxLD5rJ2.png

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi Teige

Do you create the measure on a different field or create a new measure on the tbale?

I created a new measure on the table and then put it un the values area but it made my table go blank. Could you just run through the steps before creating the measure then where to add it into a table for it to work.

thanks

Hi @WJ876400 ,

I make a measure on the same table.

Best Regards,

Tiege

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@WJ876400 you can create a measure for a color and then use that in conditional formatting using by field value

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.