Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CL7777
Helper III
Helper III

clustered column charts that change values when filters are selected

Good morning

I need to make a clustered column chart that re-calibrates the axis and the the columns when filters are selected on the dashboard. Right now, the clustered column chart shades the total column the amount represented by the filters. When the shaded amount is much less than the total, you cannot really see the values. Why cant clustered column charts just show the values for the selected filters instead of shading it as part of the total.

For example, here is picture of my dashboard with no filters selected

Capture1.PNG

Note the clustered column chart in the top right

Now, here is a picture with a product selected in the dashboard

Capture2.PNG

As you can see, the clustered column chart is shaded with the filtered values and it is very difficult to see the actual revenue values and the trend of these shaded values over time. How can I set the clustered column chart to just show the values for the product selected (with new y axis values) instead of showing it as a shaded percentage of the total revenue from all parts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CL7777
Helper III
Helper III

I just figured out the solution so Ill post it for others.. 

Click on Edit interactions under Visual Tools-> Format. Then click on the visual that is doing the filtering. In the top right, select filter (instead of highlight). It is the left most choice of the 3 that you are given

Capture4.PNG

Now it will dynamically change the Y axis to be the correct range for whatever filter is chosen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CL7777
Helper III
Helper III

I just figured out the solution so Ill post it for others.. 

Click on Edit interactions under Visual Tools-> Format. Then click on the visual that is doing the filtering. In the top right, select filter (instead of highlight). It is the left most choice of the 3 that you are given

Capture4.PNG

Now it will dynamically change the Y axis to be the correct range for whatever filter is chosen

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.