Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allycat

clustered bar chart - bars are too skinny

Hi there,

I have just started using Power BI and I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out this little fiddly issue on my own and searching online for solutions but still none the wiser.... so time to ask for help please:

I just want to make the bars in the top chart fatter like the bottom chart - how do I do that please???

problem photo.jpg

Thank you,

Ally. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That happens when there is a legend value in the chart that is the same as the Y axis... it creates a bar for each legend item but there is only 1 bar with values in it.

try removing the legend value... note this might mean you need to rethink the way you show this data. 

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

That happens when there is a legend value in the chart that is the same as the Y axis... it creates a bar for each legend item but there is only 1 bar with values in it.

try removing the legend value... note this might mean you need to rethink the way you show this data. 

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

OMG thank you dearwatson, worked a treat!!! Thank you for the simple explanation - yay back in love with thing again 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors