cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SwapnaChippagi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: clear all slicer selection

Ya U can,by refreshing the page we can clear all slicers selected.

Suppose if we take the bookmark page(sample) ,give the same page link(sample) .

chethan Member

Hi Guys,

Here is the new option to clear the slicer in service, please use this option 

Reset.png

Regards,

Chetan K

SwapnaChippagi Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This option(Reset to default) is appicable only when we publish to our cloud account.

dbliss Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Here is my experience:

Below bar chart is my slicer.  If I select all choices, all 4 quarters appear in bar chart, as expected:

AllQtrsBar.JPGAll QtrsSurprisingly the same happens when none is selected:NoQtrs.JPGNo Qtrs We know that when we select 1 Qtr only, such as this, then only one Qtr shows:1QtrBar.JPG1 Qtr 
When I toggle the Q1 button (being the only one selected), so that nothing is selected, the bar chart shows all data - all 4 Qtrs (& blank), as in the second example above. 
If several boxes are selected, for example Q1 & Q2 & Q3  in slicer, I first click just one of the selected boxes, e.g., Q3,  The bar chart shows just the Q3 data.  Then I click on Q3 again, deselecting it, and thus all Qtrs are deselected.  The result is in  visualizations is as if all slicer boxes were selected, as in "No Qtrs" screen shot above.

ThomasDay Member

That's the say a slicer works from what I can see.  A slicer filters based on what you've checked.  If you don't check a box, there is no filter applied.  The blank appears if you have possible blank choices--or if you have relationships that somehow results in a blank.  I usually filter out the blanks on a page to prevent that...but remember if you do that, the ISFILTERED(for that column) will be true.  To get around that create a "dummy" duplicate and prevent blanks on that one.

dbliss Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tips.  Did you sense I was attempting answer the question: how to "clear all slicer selection"?  By your response, I don't think I succeeded. 

Highlighted
shishir999 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

You can Try using ISFILTERED() function... here is the sample:

If(ISFILTERED(Col_Name), sales, "")