Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BIXL
Resolver I
Resolver I

clear all slicer selection

Hi,

Is there a way to clear all current selection (kind of go back to the default slicer setting when the report was loaded) with just one action ?

47 REPLIES 47

This will provide ease of use to user, especially on dasbboard with multiple slicers. Hope this answer your question.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @NH , Actually I was asking if @BIXL'd figured out HOW to "clear all" slicers.

@BIXL Just a note here. If you change the default Header off and use a Title instead, the "clear selection" eraser icon disappears. Hopefully it gets resolved and its just a bug, but I wanted to throw this out there just in case.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

With the slicer selected, there should be a little eraser icon that appears just below the ellipses "...". Hover overing that says "Clear selections". Clicking that should clear the selections.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Exactly, that small "eraser symbol" does clear all the selections made in the slicer/ filter, however, as far as the user reviews I received on my dashboard, this icon is very small and difficult to interpret not only because it's small and complex but also that it appears only when you hover over it. Moreover for new users, it's just an alien thing to go for.

My CTO actually asked me to figure out a way to creat a larger and clearer button which should clear the selection. I'm still doing my R&D but couldn't find any significant solution.Smiley Sad

greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Refreshing the page in the browser will take you back to the saved slicer and filter selections.

I don't think there's a way to do so within the report UI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.