Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

circular hierarchy

Hi Guys,

I am creating a dashboard where I have Revenues set out against a hierarchy, Month and then date.

I have gotten to the level where if you click on a certain month, you will drill down to the days of said month.

However, I want it to be able to revert this drill down with a single click in the graph, as most of my audience is not familiar with Power BI. Is this possible? I was thinking it might be possible with a button, but I couldnt work it out.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you have multiple columns in a chart to enable drill down there should be drill up/down arrows when the users hover over the chart. So one option would be to teach your users how to use these.

But you could do a similar thing with a button control. From the view menu turn on the bookmarks pane, then create a bookmark with your chart in it's initial state. Then add a button and set it's action property to link to the bookmark you just created. Then whenever your users click on the button the state of the page should return to state you saved when you created the bookmark.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

If you have multiple columns in a chart to enable drill down there should be drill up/down arrows when the users hover over the chart. So one option would be to teach your users how to use these.

But you could do a similar thing with a button control. From the view menu turn on the bookmarks pane, then create a bookmark with your chart in it's initial state. Then add a button and set it's action property to link to the bookmark you just created. Then whenever your users click on the button the state of the page should return to state you saved when you created the bookmark.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.