Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhanu431
Frequent Visitor

circular dependency detected

I have a report in which i have created a dependency for mainting the order. Let's Assume

I have Input data of table BSE Index with column Name Capital Markets in order

BSC Bankex

BSC Auto

BSC Capital goods

The required order is BSC Auto

BSC Bankex

BSC Capital goods

To get data in this order I created a new table as (BSE Index order) and maintained relationship on it.

issue.png

Pass three Months every refresh is going fine. But, from the morning i was getting an error message on App only

The refresh happining properly on PowerBI Desktop but the refresh happening failing on powerBI (app/site).

---------Error Message------------------------

Last refresh failed: Mon Oct 24 2016 13:27:33 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.
Hide details

Processing error:A circular dependency was detected: BSEIndex[Capital Markets], BSEIndex[Order], c33eabb6-47dc-49ea-aac9-1a6a1c460dc4, BSEIndex[Capital Markets].
Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:691c69e9-c035-3195-8444-77f7972f7715
Request ID:55f6cc95-7aee-2f67-304a-31b09885a2cd
Time:

2016-10-24 07:57:33Z

8 REPLIES 8
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@bhanu431 Try chaning cross-filter direction of the active relationships from 'Both' to 'Single' and that should make this error disappear.

Thanks Antik,

I tried this as well, it is not accepting single relationship between th tables. Any other Suggestion?

You seem to have a 1 to 1 relationship plus no other relationships. Is it possible that one of your tables now contains duplicate values?  Try deleting the relationship, then refresh, rejoin the tables and see what happens. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks Matt

I have deleted the relationships and configured again, still the issue remains. Any other suggestion please

Sorry to be pedantic. Do you delete, refresh all queries then recreate the relationships?  Or did you delete, recreate and then refresh. You should do the former. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I deleted relationship then refreshed and then recreated as you said previously. Still nothing going in my way.

The refresh is happenig properly on PowerBI Desktop, the refresh is failing on powerBI app

When you say refresh is failing in the App, is that the cloud service? Do other refreshes for other datasets in the cloud work?  eg do you have a gateway installed?  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.