Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

chiclet slicer no longer working and not in office store???

This AM all my reports using the chiclet slicer stopped working:

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/ChicletSlicer1448559807354

I also can't find it in the office store.

Instead of showing the values it shows NaN/NaN/0N over nad over again... anyone???chiclet.PNG

16 REPLIES 16
coenfiona
Frequent Visitor

I am having exactly the same issue on the Chiclet slider since middle of last week. I have not installed the latest May version yet, but regardless this is concerning. When you click on the Nan/NaN then it corrects itself. Not a great customer experience on opening the report. Any further updates?

We are facing the same problem - whenever there is a blank value in the set, Chiclets show "NaN"

We had to put in a temporary patch to use "N/A" for blank values so that the rest of the values display in the Chiclet slicers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks saigmenon,

Following your post, I was able to fix all my slicers by replacing "null"s in my dataset.

Matt_Alexander
Advocate III
Advocate III

For what it's worth all my custom visuals (including Chiclet slicer) are all still working after installing the May update.

Matt

Trish
Regular Visitor

I just downloaded latest version for May month and its abig mess chiclet slicers are no longer working  and our users are complaing can you please resolve it as soon as possible.

@OneWithQuestion @Trish @paulaj,

I download ChicletSlicer 1.4.0 from Visuals Gallery, I am not able to reproduce your issue when using ChicletSlicer in the latest version of Power BI Desktop(May release). Would you mind sharing me your sample data so that I can test?

1.PNG

By the way, you can search chiclet to find Chiclet Slicer in Office Store.
1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ah, instead of using a time element use something non time related.

A good example would be a chiclet slicer showing categories, products, and then a chart showing sales.

Be sure to have a few chiclet slicer buttons that are empty or would be null due to there being options that have no sales and inversely, a few sales that don't match up to any of the given categories (perhaps a null category).

The issue seems to happen every time there is a blank or null value at a higher level.

Customers who are assigned a service rep would be another good example where the chiclet slicer shows service reps and then there is a blank/null option to show unassigned (so you can click the blank one to see all customers without a rep).

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

Do you still get the issue when you use the new version of Power BI Desktop (2.46.4732.581) which is released at 5/5/2017?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This issue started for us when we updated on 5/5. It happens with both the latest versions of the slicer (1.31 and 1.4). 

Hi @OneWithQuestion @kandelliah @Trish @coenfiona @Matt_Alexander

I get internal information that the chiclet slicer issue will be fixed in Power BI Service in recent weeks, and the issue will be fixed in next release of Power BI Desktop(June version).

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

I verified the issue still occurs with the most recent Power BI desktop release, most recent chiclet slicer, and on the service.

So... waiting a whole month for what was something broken by a patch shouldn't this be rushed out as a hotfix or something?

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

On Power BI Service, the ETA of the fix for the chiclet slicer is this week. However, the fix for this issue would be included in June version of Power BI Desktop, your patience is appreciated.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Testing now, but this happens in the service as well as the desktop.

Was the service also updated?

paulaj

We are also finding the same problem. We downloaded Chiclet 1.4.0 and are using the new Power BI desktop version of May 4 2017 and we are seeing the same NaN ...

I updated to latest version AND added some R-based visuals and ALL my custom visuals are broken. Are any of you other customs working? Something simple, like the super bubbles?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.