Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CRamirez
Advocate II
Advocate II

chiclet slicer highlighting

On the chiclet slicer overview it says that it supports highlighting. I have highlighting selected on the intended visual when I edit interactions, but the chiclets are only work like a normal slicer. Instead of highlighting the respective portion of the visual, it filters out all non-selected values. Is there something I'm missing or does the chiclet slicer not actually support highlight interactions?

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CRamirez,

I think you have misunderstood of the chiclet slicer. Based on test, I found the interaction only works with normal visual and chiclet slicer. If you try to use normal slicer to filter on chiclet, it only shows the filtered value.

5.PNG6.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-shex-msft,

I am not attempting to filter the chiclet slicer with a normal slicer. I am trying to get selections on the chiclet to highlight that data on a visual similar to your image examples. The problem is though, that when I select the chiclets, everything disappears on the visual aside from the selected data. I would like it to work the way you are showing in your example, but for some reason it isn't working that way.

Thank you

Hi @CRamirez,

Based on test, I found that if you only use category in chiclet slicer, the highlight effect seems not work.

4.PNG

You need to drag value column to chiclet slicer to enable the feature.

5.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft

Thank you, that does work in that specific use case, but unfortunately I need it to work the opposite way.

In your example I am trying to select the items on the chiclet slicer, and I would like the respective column visual to highlight.

The edit relationship toggle gives me the option for highlighting, but the columns will not highlight. 

Hi @CRamirez,

>>The edit relationship toggle gives me the option for highlighting, but the columns will not highlight. 

I have reproduced your issue. I will report this to power bi team and update here.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Hello @CRamirez, @v-shex-msft

Currently this is by design. The ChicletSlicer is a slicer and cannot support highlighting at this point.

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals,
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

@nikitagrachev

Then it is quite unfortunate that there is a highlight option for the ChicletSlicer if it wasn't designed to utilize that option.

Regardless, thank you for following up

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.