Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

chart: "Show as table" no way to export or copy paste that table's data

When a chart is filtered, drilled to the appropriate level and a user right clicks and does "show as table" that feature works great BUT, there does not seem to be anyway to export that table.

Copy paste nor an export option.

Is there anyway to copy that data in the table?

11 REPLIES 11
mjc873
Regular Visitor

An idea has been suggested and needs votes to gain momentum: Microsoft Idea

Kdhosk
Regular Visitor

I know its been awhile since this was posted but the new Field Parameters feature seems to have solved this. Instead of a hierarchy, I use a field parameter and let the user click on the level of detail they want. Then the "show as table" export shows the correct level of detail.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stuck on this issue as well. Is there a solutions for this yet or are we stuck with having to export the entire hierarchy?

Best Regards
D.Z

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OneWithQuestion ,

Check the Export summarized data feature in Power BI Service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#export-summariz...

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Sadly, using export summarized data does not make any difference.

It exports the entire hierarchy, not just the level drilled down to in the report.

@v-jayw-msft...I am facing the same issue as @OneWithQuestion. It would be great if there was separate export function for the "Show data table". Or a way to copy the data from the "Show data table" and be able to paste it into excel. Especially when the "Show data table" isn't the same as the "Summary Export" because of the drill down function.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Do you see three dots on the right top of the table.  Is it not giving an export option?

The chart itself will have the elipses to show the export options, however, the data table below it (show as table) does not give an export option I am seeing.

*If I use the chart's export option, it exports all levels of the chart axis, not just the chart currently as it is displayed and not as the data shows in the "show as table" table.

Hi @OneWithQuestion ,

Based on my test, you can export the filtered data after add a filter to the visual.

1 - Copy.PNG2 - Copy.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

I perhaps did not explain the issue as well as I should have.

If the axis has several levels:

Year, Month, Date.  Even though we are viewing the Year level, all exports export down to the day level,

So,  instead of 2 years of data as two data points we get 730 rows one per day.  

Here is an example of an axis that has just year and month:

Axis has year and month, only year showingAxis has year and month, only year showing

Then I select export, and it exports all levels of the axis (in this case only year and month, but if I had day on the axis it would export down to the day level)

export does not match visual's drill down levelexport does not match visual's drill down level

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OneWithQuestion   Thank you for raising this limitation. Have you managed to figure out the solution? I am also facing the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.