Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sebastian
Advocate II
Advocate II

chart like a pivot table

Hi all,

do there still exist a chart which works like a pivot table in Excel where it is possible to unfold or fold up different level of groups?

For example there are different information on different level for a specific category like Customer Group and every Customer

and i could choose if I want to see only the Groups or if I unfold the groups to see the groups and on a lower level all customer that belong to this group.

Hope someone could help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, yes and no. I think you can achieve what you want with a Matrix visualization and a slicer. So, the matrix visualization would look like your pivot table with the groupings, etc. but it does not have collapse/uncollapse features. However, if you also put a slicer on your report, then you can use the slicer to zero in on a particular "something" in your matrix.

Some visualization types, like column charts and bar charts, support "drill down", which also sort of does what you are asking about, but the Matrix visualization does not support drill down.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So, yes and no. I think you can achieve what you want with a Matrix visualization and a slicer. So, the matrix visualization would look like your pivot table with the groupings, etc. but it does not have collapse/uncollapse features. However, if you also put a slicer on your report, then you can use the slicer to zero in on a particular "something" in your matrix.

Some visualization types, like column charts and bar charts, support "drill down", which also sort of does what you are asking about, but the Matrix visualization does not support drill down.

Latest book!:

Hi smoupre,

thanks for ur answer. Yes in a way it is possible to use the Matrix but I hoped that there is a chart which has the collapse/ uncollapse function.

So I hope that this will be possible in future.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

@Sebastian - There may well be a custom visualization that does it, although using custom visualizations comes with a few caveats.

Latest book!:

Would this not be a fundamental product idea in a BI tool?... a Pivot Table visualization?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.