Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

francoisl
Helper I
Helper I

changing upper hierarchy label

Hi all, 

here's a small problem that I cannot find a solution for it. 

I have a table of valid product and discontinued product.    Here's the structure. 

Master PRODUCT      PRODUCT           Rank

A                                A                         0 

A                                B                         1

A                                C                         2 

This means that C was replaced by B and B by A.  

And I created a hierarchy where my product managers can see sales and inventory  rolled up together, they can then look at their inventory by product ACTIVE of DISCONTINUED. Also at sales for older product that were replaced by new ones.  

Here's my product table. 

Product     Name                    Status

A                SDF                       ACTIVE

B                ABC                      DISC

C                XYZ                       DISC

My problem is the label. I never have the proper label when the hierarchy is at the first level. The label is either first or last in the value pane of the viz. 

The question is how can i create a column (I doubt that a measure would do) that would give the master product in the hierarchy its proper label from the product table. 

I have not found any ways of making an IF statement that would customize the first label in the hierarchy

Thanks 

F.

4 REPLIES 4
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @francoisl 

Sorry,I have no idea about your problem. I suspect that is difficult to achieve in power bi .
It is suggested to  open a support ticket with MSFT to seek technical support , usually they will have better suggestions.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @francoisl 

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example?

If you can show your expected results in excel, it will greatly help us understand your problem.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Here you go.  Two pictures where the roll-up is done in the first Active item while the others are DISCONTINUED. In this exemple item C was replaced by B and then by A. However we want all sales to be aggregated to the latest item wihout losing sight of sales of older items.   The hierarchy in the matrix summarizes correctly the units, dollars and so on but for the item description I have either first or last but it is sometimes inaccurate.  In this example I would like to have SDF as the mast item description. 

First.PNGlast.PNG

Here's the basic relationship between tables. 

relationships.PNG

francoisl
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all, Just a complement of information...  I tried the usinscope but I still cannot get the labels because the viz is always trying to use first or last.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.