Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

changing data source without changing the set visualization and tables cleansed

Hi All, is there any possible way to change the data source of a report I have created using ODBC connection to the MySQL database server.  As you can see in the picture the connection is DSN and graphdata is the name of the ODBC connection and I have to shift that to MySQL server. Please help. If I'm trying to change it manually in the Source it is howing access denied, but the rproblem is it is not asking for password, so Don't know how to proceed. Please help 

1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Create a query that connects to your new source. Use Advanced Editor to copy the Source and possibly Navigation lines. Go to your old query and open Advanced Editor. Replace the lines in that query with your copied ones.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg, tried with adv query as suggested by you. Earlier was going with direct changes in the Applied Steps> Source. Still didn't workout. I got the error ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [MySQL] [ODBC 8.0(a) Driver] Access Denied for user 'root'@'10..... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.