Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

changing a value to percentage

am looking to find the percentage of the column 'Count of Opps closing in days' in the below dataset. The issue i am having is when i use the below formula i am geeting percentages over 100%?

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 

You may add custom column as follows.

Value.Divide([Column2], List.Sum(#"Changed Type"[Column2]))
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

I would recommend creating seperate calculations to determine where the fault is. Sometimes, I actually have percentages greater than 100.

In fact, I think that your calculation may be flawed.

First, create your count of opps closing in days calculation. Then create a count of all opps in the company band (removing the filter for closed in days [I don't understand that logic as it is not my data]). Finally, use the DIVIDE function to complete the calculation. Drop all three in your table and see if the math lines up.

Right now, your calculation seems to be dividing a calculation by the sum of itself multiplied by 100. To me, a percentage would be the number of opps fitting the specified criteria divided by the number of opps (with no filter on specified criteria) and formatted as a percentage (multiplied by 100).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Kalpavruksh
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,
It seems that there could be some issue with the formula. Make sure the brackets are in proper order. Alternatively, change the format of the column to "Percentage" instead of dividing the formula by 100.

Kalpavruksh Technologies | Microsoft Gold Partner
Denmark | USA | India | Germany

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kalpavruksh  @ZunzunUOC  i was hoping to do this as a powequery custom column? the formula works but not as a power query

@Anonymous 

You may add custom column as follows.

Value.Divide([Column2], List.Sum(#"Changed Type"[Column2]))
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
ZunzunUOC
Resolver III
Resolver III

@Anonymous, you can get your answer in the other post.

You must use the brackets correctly. Try it Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.