Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jasper
Advocate I
Advocate I

change x-axis labels of a clustered column chart (type continuous)

Hi,

I have a data set of timestamps and emails sent. I would like to show 2 weeks of detailed data (type continuous on the x-axis) as shown in the chart below. Since the day name is relevant for the pattern I want to show "Mon 13 mrt" instead of "13 mrt" (mrt = March). How can I do that? (I tried changing data format and some calculated colums, but regrettably without succes..)

Thanks in advance!

Jasper

image.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Jasper,

You'd better create a calculated column to get the format what you like.

format-date = FORMAT(Table1[Date],"ddd dd MMM")

Then add the format-date as x-axis level, please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG2.PNG

If you have other issues, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Angelia 

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks a lot for your reply! The suggested sollution does not fit my situation though. My data is made of timestamps and I would like to see every data point plotted (as the image below). When I use the calculated column the data gets summarized per day and the x-axis is per day, not chronological anymore. Is it possible to keep the detailed level and change the (continuous) x-axis? (to include the day abbreviation).

Best, Jasper

Calculated column usedCalculated column useddetailed data leveldetailed data levelData: timestampData: timestamp

Hi @Jasper,

In Power BI desktop, for date value on x-asix, we can only set it as Categorical or Continuous. For your requirement, we can't achieve it.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to find another way.

Jasper

Hi @Jasper,

Got it. Please share it if you find other solution to resolve your issue. Please feel free to ask if you have any other issue.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.