Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

change the value of the parameter

Hi EverOne,
I need Help.
How we can change the value of the parameter after publishing a report on power bi service "cloud" or power bi report server.

kindly note that the passing is dynamically not manual it's possible in this case?

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous when you said dynamic change of parameter value, where this dynamic value is going to come?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

thanks ,

I want to read vaule from web portal and passing into power bi paramer and show report based on this value 

@Anonymous how you are using the parameter? Are you filtering a table or what? Can you explain what actually you are trying to do, just saying dynamic parameter, doesn't help understand what is the actual requirement?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

I Have web portal and I want to embed power bi report inside my website, I want to show report in my website based on  login user id, and pass user id to power bi to show data based on this id just.

if user with id =10    pass 10 to power bi and show data for user 10

if user with id =11   pass 10 to power bi and show data for user 11...etc

@Anonymous perfect this make more sense, thanks for calrifying. In this case you need to look at Row Level Security (RLS), it is exactly designed to achieve what you are asking for. There are many blogs/posts on RLS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2kthans,

I tried to use RLS, but not matching my requirements also in RLS you can change value manual just and I want to change it dynamically

@Anonymous if you using RLS and adding your report dynamically, you can use username to filter records based on logged in user.

Hope this link will help. Just to confirm, are you suing PowerBI Embedding?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.