Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

swong
Helper II
Helper II

change text in legend

Hi,

I have these two tables:

tables.PNG

I want to be able to visualize revenue for all the advertisers contained in Table 1 along with the subset of advertisers in Table 2. I can do this by visualizing revenue and date in a line graph and using Start Month as the legend:

revenue.PNG

Is there a way for me to change the legend text for "(Blank)"? Since it's not an actual column, I don't really have something to rename, and I don't know how to transform that value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @swong,

It looks like there existing some rows in Table1 that aren't referenced to Start Month value in Table2. So, when you add [Start Month] in legend, (Blank) appears as a legend item. It is not available to rename the legend items, but you could try below workarounds.

In Table1, create a calculated column. In my test, I set the data type of Table2[Start Month] to text. If in your scenario, its data type should be date/time, then, you have to replace the "other Date" in below forlumn with a specific date value like Date(2017,1,1). In the chart, add Table1[Column] into legend area.

Column =
IF (
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK (),
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ),
    "other Date"
)

Alternatively, if you only want to show values whose corresponding start month is not blank, you could create a new table to filter out some rows. Then, please create chart based on this new table.

Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CALCULATETABLE (
        Table1,
        FILTER ( Table1, RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK () )
    ),
    "Start Month Column", RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] )
)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @swong,

It looks like there existing some rows in Table1 that aren't referenced to Start Month value in Table2. So, when you add [Start Month] in legend, (Blank) appears as a legend item. It is not available to rename the legend items, but you could try below workarounds.

In Table1, create a calculated column. In my test, I set the data type of Table2[Start Month] to text. If in your scenario, its data type should be date/time, then, you have to replace the "other Date" in below forlumn with a specific date value like Date(2017,1,1). In the chart, add Table1[Column] into legend area.

Column =
IF (
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK (),
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ),
    "other Date"
)

Alternatively, if you only want to show values whose corresponding start month is not blank, you could create a new table to filter out some rows. Then, please create chart based on this new table.

Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CALCULATETABLE (
        Table1,
        FILTER ( Table1, RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK () )
    ),
    "Start Month Column", RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] )
)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks! The first solution worked perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.