Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swong Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

change text in legend

Hi,

I have these two tables:

tables.PNG

I want to be able to visualize revenue for all the advertisers contained in Table 1 along with the subset of advertisers in Table 2. I can do this by visualizing revenue and date in a line graph and using Start Month as the legend:

revenue.PNG

Is there a way for me to change the legend text for "(Blank)"? Since it's not an actual column, I don't really have something to rename, and I don't know how to transform that value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: change text in legend

Hi @swong,

It looks like there existing some rows in Table1 that aren't referenced to Start Month value in Table2. So, when you add [Start Month] in legend, (Blank) appears as a legend item. It is not available to rename the legend items, but you could try below workarounds.

In Table1, create a calculated column. In my test, I set the data type of Table2[Start Month] to text. If in your scenario, its data type should be date/time, then, you have to replace the "other Date" in below forlumn with a specific date value like Date(2017,1,1). In the chart, add Table1[Column] into legend area.

Column =
IF (
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK (),
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ),
    "other Date"
)

Alternatively, if you only want to show values whose corresponding start month is not blank, you could create a new table to filter out some rows. Then, please create chart based on this new table.

Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CALCULATETABLE (
        Table1,
        FILTER ( Table1, RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK () )
    ),
    "Start Month Column", RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] )
)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @swong,

It looks like there existing some rows in Table1 that aren't referenced to Start Month value in Table2. So, when you add [Start Month] in legend, (Blank) appears as a legend item. It is not available to rename the legend items, but you could try below workarounds.

In Table1, create a calculated column. In my test, I set the data type of Table2[Start Month] to text. If in your scenario, its data type should be date/time, then, you have to replace the "other Date" in below forlumn with a specific date value like Date(2017,1,1). In the chart, add Table1[Column] into legend area.

Column =
IF (
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK (),
    RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ),
    "other Date"
)

Alternatively, if you only want to show values whose corresponding start month is not blank, you could create a new table to filter out some rows. Then, please create chart based on this new table.

Table =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    CALCULATETABLE (
        Table1,
        FILTER ( Table1, RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] ) <> BLANK () )
    ),
    "Start Month Column", RELATED ( Table2[Start Month] )
)

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
swong Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks! The first solution worked perfectly.