Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danibasto20
Regular Visitor

change name table visual average of

How can I change the column header on a Table visual. When I define the column to be the Average of the data it says " Average of ##".... It is posible to change that text?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I don't think you can change the text directly, but you could use an explicitly defined measure instead, and name it whatever you want. So if you have Average of Score on your table after dragging the Score column onto the table, you could create a new measure (Modeling tab in the ribbon -> New Measure) like

My Custom Measure Title = AVERAGE(TableName[Score])

Put that on your table instead of the bare column, and whatever you call that measure will show as the header text in the table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yes you can change the column title name:

* find the field of the column you want to change in the far right Fields pane (will be outlined in yellow)

* right click and look for 'rename'

www.CahabaData.com

@CahabaData. From what I can tell in the description, @danibasto20 is trying to change the text in the table visual, not the actual column name. However, if it's the column name in the data table itself, yes you can change that.

ahh.... so they're looking for an alias?  .... that might be a nice feature to have added though it could confuse..... 

www.CahabaData.com
KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I don't think you can change the text directly, but you could use an explicitly defined measure instead, and name it whatever you want. So if you have Average of Score on your table after dragging the Score column onto the table, you could create a new measure (Modeling tab in the ribbon -> New Measure) like

My Custom Measure Title = AVERAGE(TableName[Score])

Put that on your table instead of the bare column, and whatever you call that measure will show as the header text in the table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.