Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagdeep
Regular Visitor

change map data point colours

Hi

I have a map of data points and i'd like to change the colour of the data points based on a filter, the filter being the location the customers have purchased from.

For example, if I change the filter to Location A, I want all the purchases from Location A to turn green and the purchases from Location B and C to turn grey.

If i then change the filter to Location B, I want all the purchases from Location B to turn green and the purchases from Location A and C to turn grey.

Currently, when I filter to location A, the map then only shows data from Location A and removes any data from Locations B and C. I don't want this to happen - i only want the data to change colours

Can I please get some help with this?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jagdeep

As tested and searched, it is impossible to change map data point colors with the slicer. 

Besides, i'm afraid it doesn't support that when filtering to Location A, the map zooms to sales around Location A, but keeps showing all the sales from all the other locations on the map.

Here is a workaound, could you try to see if it satisfies your scenario?

add the "Location" column to a pie chart or other chart, then edit the interaction between the chart and map visual as "highlight",

then select the "Location A" from the chart, the "Location A" point on the map visual would highlight and other locations would become grey.

More details please see the reference:

https://pbiwebprod-docs.azurewebsites.net/hr-hr/documentation/powerbi-service-tutorial-filled-maps-c...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-reports-filters-and-highlighting

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.