Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

setis
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

change in price to obtain same revenue

I have 2 price lists for 2 product categories with nr of sales price and total income per product.

Whith a "what if" parameter I created 2 slicers (one for each table) where I can change the %  in price and I get the new revenue (products sold * new price) .

Let's say that when the slicer is in 0 for both tables, the total revenue (table A + B) is 100.

If I want to raise the % of prices of table A, how can I calculate how much should I lower the % in prices of B to have the same 100 as revenue?

Right now I can play with the slicers until the revenues match, but I would like to have a mesure to calculate that.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@setis  I worked on your pbix file and added some measure and made changes to existing ones as well. All the new/changes measures are added with (Parv) at the end so that you can check what is changed.

Again, it is based on what you are looking for and I hope it meets the requirement. I hope I'm not totally off track. Will wait for your feedback.

Cheers!!

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@setis can you share sample data in excel to get you the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Dear @parry2k , 

Thanks for reaching out. Please see this file as an example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17NOMt5uMuAMeMQOlVL2asNJivT5MafRd/view?usp=sharing

What I need is to raise the EU prices. 

I need a measure that tells me how much should I lower the US prices to the ProjectedRevenue is equal to the Current revenue.

I hope that this makes sense. 

@setis  I worked on your pbix file and added some measure and made changes to existing ones as well. All the new/changes measures are added with (Parv) at the end so that you can check what is changed.

Again, it is based on what you are looking for and I hope it meets the requirement. I hope I'm not totally off track. Will wait for your feedback.

Cheers!!

P

Dear @parry2k , 

Thank you so much for using the time and working on this. I'm very grateful. 

This is exactly what I needed. I can see that the measure you created tells me exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks a lot!!

@setis glad to hear it worked out, I was not fully sure if I'm on right track. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.