Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

setis
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

change in price to obtain same revenue

I have 2 price lists for 2 product categories with nr of sales price and total income per product.

Whith a "what if" parameter I created 2 slicers (one for each table) where I can change the %  in price and I get the new revenue (products sold * new price) .

Let's say that when the slicer is in 0 for both tables, the total revenue (table A + B) is 100.

If I want to raise the % of prices of table A, how can I calculate how much should I lower the % in prices of B to have the same 100 as revenue?

Right now I can play with the slicers until the revenues match, but I would like to have a mesure to calculate that.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@setis  I worked on your pbix file and added some measure and made changes to existing ones as well. All the new/changes measures are added with (Parv) at the end so that you can check what is changed.

Again, it is based on what you are looking for and I hope it meets the requirement. I hope I'm not totally off track. Will wait for your feedback.

Cheers!!

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@setis can you share sample data in excel to get you the solution.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Dear @parry2k , 

Thanks for reaching out. Please see this file as an example: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17NOMt5uMuAMeMQOlVL2asNJivT5MafRd/view?usp=sharing

What I need is to raise the EU prices. 

I need a measure that tells me how much should I lower the US prices to the ProjectedRevenue is equal to the Current revenue.

I hope that this makes sense. 

@setis  I worked on your pbix file and added some measure and made changes to existing ones as well. All the new/changes measures are added with (Parv) at the end so that you can check what is changed.

Again, it is based on what you are looking for and I hope it meets the requirement. I hope I'm not totally off track. Will wait for your feedback.

Cheers!!

P

Dear @parry2k , 

Thank you so much for using the time and working on this. I'm very grateful. 

This is exactly what I needed. I can see that the measure you created tells me exactly what I was looking for. 

Thanks a lot!!

@setis glad to hear it worked out, I was not fully sure if I'm on right track. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.