Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bencaux76

chanage google analytics account connection desktop

Hi

I'm french marketing manager and I would like to make 2 differents dashbords with 2 differents google analytics accounts.

I connected power bi desktop with the first google analytics account. It works good, no problem.

The problem is that I can't connect with an other one. When I try to, it is automaticaly connected with my firt account ! That problem doesn't exist with power bi online. I really don't understand. I even uninstall and reinstall the software... it is still connected with my first Google Analytics account Smiley Frustrated

How can I do ??? please help me !!!

Tanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Bencaux76

By default, Power BI Desktop will cache the credential for third party service like Google Analytics. You can clear the data source for first loging GA account.

9.PNG

10.PNG

When you "get data" from Google Analytics again, you should be able to swith other account.

7.PNG

Regards, 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Bencaux76

By default, Power BI Desktop will cache the credential for third party service like Google Analytics. You can clear the data source for first loging GA account.

9.PNG

10.PNG

When you "get data" from Google Analytics again, you should be able to swith other account.

7.PNG

Regards, 

Hi,

this worked so far, but then underlying in the query I have to change the Google number to the new propertynr.

When I work this through, I get an error: the import 9221..... matches no exports. Did you miss a module reference?

So should there be an export first, from the new property?

What I want is make 1 dashboard, and copy that one for other accounts I have,

Thanks a lot Simon_Hou-MSFT !!!

I should ask earlier...

It works perfectly 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors