Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

cant scroll down after adding too many visual addons.

This is reposting, but I dont think I will get any feedback in the "issues" section.

Is there anyway I can export my measures and dashboards? from power BI desktop to a new interface?

because I cannot access the fields and controls for continuing on this report.

they are below the visual Icons...

The remove visuals button is not working/responding, even after PC restart.

Is there perhaps a folder in power bi desktop where I can manually delete the addons?

I didnt know that you only add the icons you need for each report, I thought you first download all the addons you want, and when you upload to PBIS, just the visuals you used would be uploaded, but thats not how it works.

cant remove visuals.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jitterbug777 , Enable on Object preview features. And then see changes in yellow

amitchandak_0-1679024258947.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

can you raise this as an issue?

because if someone else adds too many addon visuals, they too wont be able to remove them. seems like a problem in how powerBI handles memory for that part of the application.

jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks Amit,

The dropdown for the visuals is really great.

Unfortunately I still cant remove the visuals for the PBIX i`m working on.

I`ll follow it up in the other post

https://screenrec.com/share/oYTJxap2fR

jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

jitterbug777
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks Amit,

I clicked this button to I assume install the new version just now, and it opened power BI. Does that automatically update the existing version? Do I need to uninstall the existing version first?

HOW to install.png

Also for the future, is there an update or alert button to a new update available within power BI?

Would be nice to have an "update available" or check for update button inside of Power BI.

updates.png

Thanks for your guidance.

@jitterbug777 , Enable on Object preview features. And then see changes in yellow

amitchandak_0-1679024258947.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jitterbug777 , In March 2023, we have a new UI, enable that, You will get an option on visual to change visual type and add the column.

Power BI Update - March 2023 :https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-march-2023-feature-summary/

If there is any issue with the new UI, report, and issue. As the old one is going away, the issue might not get priority

TO export check DAX studio: https://daxstudio.org/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.