Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Theodore88
Regular Visitor

cannot apply a slicer to a measure that uses calculate() with a filter

Hi

I am wondering if anyone can help.

I managed to create a measure that calculates the total contracts exposure using DAX formula calculate with a filter.

Even though the formula works there is no way to apply addtional filters to the measure either with a slicer or in the visual panel.(the filter parameter seems to overwrite other filters)

The below is the function I am using if needed, is there any work around to this?

Exposure = calculate(
sum(
Components[NetLJ]
)
,FILTER(ALL (Components),Components[DateLJ]<=max(Components[DateLJ]))

)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Theodore88

In your forumla, since you apply ALL() function in your filters, it will remove all filters. That's the reason your additional filter/slicer doesn't work. Please replace your ALL() function with ALLSELECTED(). See my sample below:

Exposure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table7[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table7),Table7[Seller]="Seller1"))

66.PNG

677.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Theodore88

In your forumla, since you apply ALL() function in your filters, it will remove all filters. That's the reason your additional filter/slicer doesn't work. Please replace your ALL() function with ALLSELECTED(). See my sample below:

Exposure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table7[Value]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Table7),Table7[Seller]="Seller1"))

66.PNG

677.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.