Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

cancel working-on-it without end tasking

is there way to cancel "working on it" without having to end task power bi ? 

its hanging for ever. something blocking it and i dnt want end task.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

If you just hang it in the background, Power BI will occupy the computer's Dynamic Memory, which is unavoidable. What’s more, Power BI has certain requirements for memory. I don't recommend you to hang more than one Power BI process in the background at the same time, which will cause your computer to run slowly.

You can refer to this link for some tips for optimizing Memory Usage in Microsoft Power BI:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ten-techniques-optimising-memory-usage-microsoft-power-dejan-pajk

More info about Dynamic Memory

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TravelMan
Regular Visitor

If your working with an online power bi services dataset or potentially other sources within power bi desktop. When it gets into Working on it endless loop. I disable the Network Adaptar and cut the internet this often forces power bi out of the loop and the ability to tweak the calclulation before re-enabling the adapter. Seems a less frustrating method than task manager and restarting.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

If you just hang it in the background, Power BI will occupy the computer's Dynamic Memory, which is unavoidable. What’s more, Power BI has certain requirements for memory. I don't recommend you to hang more than one Power BI process in the background at the same time, which will cause your computer to run slowly.

You can refer to this link for some tips for optimizing Memory Usage in Microsoft Power BI:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ten-techniques-optimising-memory-usage-microsoft-power-dejan-pajk

More info about Dynamic Memory

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Nothing against poster, but there are so many posts in this community with "Solutions" that are not actually solutions and it is quite frustrating to sort through. I feel like only 10% of posts I read does the marked solution actually contain a relevant answer to the question.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.