Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chakrabmonoj
Helper II
Helper II

can the same calculated table be used in different reports

I have one calculated "dates"table in one BI report. But I need to use the same 'dates'table in another BI report and with a different file. Can that be done and if yes, how? 

I have to generate similar reports for 4 different countries and if I can use the same calculated table across the different BI reports, without generating one for each, it will save me a lot of time

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My workaround is as follows :

1. Pull in the new query/table (brunei_P7)

2. Re-relate the "calculated table" to this new query (earlier the "dates" table was related to "table1")

3. Update all measures written in the earlier table or the calculated table, with the new table name (all measures written with "table1" as reference, now updated to "brunei_p7"

and it works....

BI new table existing calculated table.JPG

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chakrabmonoj,

Your resource table is same, and you want to create a different file, right? If it is, you should load the resource table, and create different in the same .pbix file. If you want to use the same measure and report for different resouce table and create different reports, we are unable to achieve it.

If you have any issue, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I want to use the table in a separte/different .pbix file/report - is that possible?

this is what I have :

pbix screen shot.jpg

i want to use the 'dates' table in a different .pbix file/report, without creating the same table again - is that possible?

Hi @chakrabmonoj,

If the report is in same .pbix file, you can use the dates field. If they locate in different file, we are unable to achieve it. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Couldn't this be done with the PowerApps Common Data Service?

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals

Otravus - how do I do that? 

I have found a workaround. Thanks

Hi @chakrabmonoj

Could you share your workaround and mark it as answer? So other people can find solution easily.

Best Regards,
Angelia

My workaround is as follows :

1. Pull in the new query/table (brunei_P7)

2. Re-relate the "calculated table" to this new query (earlier the "dates" table was related to "table1")

3. Update all measures written in the earlier table or the calculated table, with the new table name (all measures written with "table1" as reference, now updated to "brunei_p7"

and it works....

BI new table existing calculated table.JPG

Hi @chakrabmonoj,

Your workaround is perfect, please mark it as answer, which will help more people.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.