Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can't set edit interactions on multi-row card

i can't set edit interactions on multi-row card. is this intended. 

if i click a data grid, i can hit the edit interactions and make the grid not react to another object. i cant do the same on multi-row card

13 REPLIES 13
markazali
Regular Visitor

This is such a bizarre workaround... but it helps so much. Thank you for this.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

The way to establish interactions between a multi-row card with the other elements of the page is:

1. Convert the visual to another type, such as a table
  2. With the visual table if it lets you establish interactions
  3. Once the interactions are edited, convert the visual back to multi-row card type

I hope I helped you!

cf_edwards

I found it works if I change the visual from a multi-row card to say a matrix, then edit interactions and then change it back to a multi-row card

Awesome solution thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried this and it appears you are correct. Great solution! Now Microsoft just needs to allow direct editing of the interactions for this visual.

joel_nacario

I couldn't do this, either. I ended up putting an transparent shape in front of the multi-row cards so I don't click them accidentally and filter the values in all of the other visuals in my dashboard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is actually the best solution until Edit interactions is enabled for multi-row cards. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried this, and I do not see any ability to edit the interactions of the mult-row card. In fact, the mult-row card in my report automatically filters ALL other visuals on the page, and I can't turn it off.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I would suggest you to submit your idea or vote the idea to help improve power bi.

The alternative is to create a table visual that interacts with a multi row card visual.

test_multi_row-card_interaction.PNG

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have edit permissions to a report, you can turn on the visual interaction controls and then customize how the visualizations on your report page filter and highlight each other.

Select a visualization to make it active.

Display the Visual Interaction options.

In Desktop, select Format > Interactions.

select Format then Interactions

In the Power BI service, open the report in Editing view and select the dropdown from the report menu bar.

Visual interactions dropdown

To display the visualization interaction controls, select Edit interactions. Power BI adds filter and highlight icons to all of the other visualizations on the report page. We can see that the treemap is cross-filtering the line chart and the map, and is cross-highlighting the column chart. You can now change how the selected visualization interacts with the other visualizations on the report page.

Admin

Apps4rent | o365cloudexperts

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi.

thank you for the reply. i am doing this in the power bi desktop, however, i am trying to set no interactivity between 2 different multi row cards and the circle with the line through it does not show up on the multi row card. it does on a datagrid, but not from one  multi row card to another multi row card.

I don't think it is possible to turn off interactions between two multi-row cards.

The functinality is not available thru Edit Interactions

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous yes you can, you can turn on and off the interaction. I just tested at my end.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.