Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dominickbrookes
Regular Visitor

can't display the visual

I have been using Power BI Desktop, in the past I have had no problem getting visuals for fields and measures once brough in. After updating my office to 2016 and completing all PowerBI updates I no longer am able to get visuals from an analysis services cube that I routinely pull from in Excel. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and come back with no change. I have already put a frown into support but have no clear response yet. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. No visuals.PNG 

13 REPLIES 13
Yalferez

Dear team

is there any solution for this issue?

This is very simple, only installed Windos 10. Your issue will resolve. I faced the same and when installed it worked well.

Regards,

Jamal Qamar

Is anyone already resolve this issue?

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@dominickbrookes

PBIX files are not partial version specific. I have tested it on my local environment, we can open the pbix file that created in pervious version without any issue.

Please check if the fiel can be open in other computer that have lastest version of Power BI installed.

I have tried the file. no luck.

@dominickbrookes have you tried to edit the data source? Make sure that with all the updates your connection/creds are still valid? 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I have been able to connect to the source and use it from another computer, that leads me to believe the issue is really more around my computer or perhaps a memory issue. 

@dominickbrookes

Either that or the connections that are cached in the Power BI Desktop are broken. You can remove those cached settings by going to File -> Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings -> Global Permissions -> Clear Permissions (clear = delete the specific data source and try to reconnect.)

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Eno,

I have tried what you suggested, unfortunately there are no global settings listed.

UPDATE. I have removed the latest version of PowerBI desktop and reinstalled an MSI file from March 22nd of this year and now I am able to use the application with no problems. Apparently the updates since then have caused the issue at hand. I would of course prefer to operate within the updates so if anyone knows why the updates might cause this issue I would be interested to know. Perhaps I should open a new ticket. 

I have this exact same issue with the latest .msi file and after speaking with the Microsoft team, they were unable to replicate the issue and suggested to un-install and re-install which did not solve the issue. Unfortunately I do not have a secondary comptuer to install on.

I have the same any guideline please

I have this exact same issue with the latest .msi file and after speaking with the MS team, they thought my install was corrupt and suggested to un-install and re-install which did not solve the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.