Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Angel
Resolver III
Resolver III

can i use same field for line and clustered columns?

Hi, everybody

I have an unique field called Net_Change_Actual.

I would like to use this field in the columns and  lines depending on some filters.

For example, (KPI_Code is another field in the query).

Use clustered columns with KPI_Code 10,20 y 30

Use line for KPI_Code 40

Any tip?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

In this case, create another table to filter the KPI_CODE which doesn’t equal to 40 , and create a calendar table, then set up relationships via Date column between the three tables and create Line and clustered column chart. You can check the result in the following screenshot.
111.PNG

Also you can download the modified PBIX file from this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NogWZrbPXvKXsj6mCX  .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

In this case, create another table to filter the KPI_CODE which doesn’t equal to 40 , and create a calendar table, then set up relationships via Date column between the three tables and create Line and clustered column chart. You can check the result in the following screenshot.
111.PNG

Also you can download the modified PBIX file from this link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhsotbnGu1NogWZrbPXvKXsj6mCX  .

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Angel,

What fields do you intend to put in the Shared axis, Column Values and Line Values of Line and clustered column chart ? It is ok to drag same field to Column Values and Line Values as follows, however, I am afraid the Line and clustered column chart doesn’t fit your scenario.
Capture4.PNG

In the following scenario, it is appropriate to use Line and clustered column chart to display data. You can check this article to get more information.

• when you have a line chart and a column chart with the same X axis.
  • to compare multiple measures with different value ranges.
  • to illustrate the correlation between two measures in one visualization.
  • to check whether one measure meet the target which is defined by another measure
  • to conserve canvas space.

In addition, please help to share sample data and describe more details about what you want to display, so that we can recommend the appropriate visual for you.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @Lidia

Thanks for your quick response.

The thing I want to do is to put Total flujo de efectivo in line  and the rest of datas in columns charts.

As you can see in the image, all data shares the same field Net_Change_Actual.

The shared axis is not showed in the image, but it's date.

Capture.jpg

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

When you put the Total flujo de efectivo in line , does the visual work as expected? As I am not able to enlarge the screenshot, I will appreciate it if you can share me the PBIX file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @Lidia

¿How can I can share pbix file in the post?.

Thanks,

Hi @Angel,

You can upload pbix file to onedrive and post shared link of the file here.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi @Angel,

Cretae a measure using the following formula and then drag it into Line Values as shown in below screenshot.

Measure = CALCULATE(sum(NorayHtlPowerBI[Net_Change_Actual]),FILTER(NorayHtlPowerBI,NorayHtlPowerBI[KPI_Code]="40"))

343.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Hi, @Lidia

I have tried the measure you have told me and it works.

The problem is if I use the measure for the line, I don't want to show the same data in column chart.

I have tried to filter KPI_CODE not showing value 40, but then neither the column chart and line is showed in the graph.

Any suggestion?.

Many thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.