Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahuhn
Helper I
Helper I

can I update tables which are dependent on uploaded data when refreshing

I load an excel sheet (S1) into pbi

I go into PQ editor to create two new tables (T1 and T2), which are based on different subsets of the main sheet (S1).

I merge and do some manipulation of T1 and T2, and update T2.

I use T2 to develop visuals.

My question: When I refresh S1, T1 and T2 are not refreshed, and I need to go through the tedious procedure to updateT1 and T2 again. Is there a method to update T1 nd T2 by a macro, or a way to have them refreshed when I refresh S1?

The option I have been experimenting with is via DAX. Is that possible?

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ahuhn,

I'd like to suggest you turn the include refresh, then refresh data source of these query tables(t1,t2) to refresh their data instead to manually find out data table and replace them on service side.

BTW, you can also take a look at REST API to find out data table operate apis.

Power BI REST APIs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the suggestion @Xiaoxin , unfortuately, I am relatively new to pbi, and do not understand what that entails

Hi @ahuhn,

AFAIK, power bi will try to get data form each data source it used when you click on refresh button except you turn off include refresh option.

How did you create these query tables? Can you please explain more about them? 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.