Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

can I hide a visual's axies?

I have two Visuals that are exactely on the same spot , I use DAX functions to let the one appear and the other one dissapear based on what the user selected in the slicers 

my problem is the title's of the axes both show , so they look very untidy , how do hide one of them  ? 
Axies-Issues.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

What you can do as a workaround is to setup a measure with the dax formula for both titles then turn of the title on the graphs and add a card visualization with the dax formula that changes the axis title. Using a group by user won't realize they are seeing two visualizations.

Also check the video below with an explanation on how to have dynamics axis.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think you can use dax formula to direct interaction with visual axis. You can write the formula to replace some records of specific categories to blank to let power bi auto hide this category, but it impossible to only hide data category label.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous ,

What you can do as a workaround is to setup a measure with the dax formula for both titles then turn of the title on the graphs and add a card visualization with the dax formula that changes the axis title. Using a group by user won't realize they are seeing two visualizations.

Also check the video below with an explanation on how to have dynamics axis.

Regards

Miguel Félix

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Looking at what you are saying how don't you use a single chart with the measure making the switch between measures? would be much more tidy.

But looking at your question if you go to the options of the chart you can turn on/off the axis and also the title of the axis (X or Y).

Regards

Miguel Félix

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but the thing is I need to display the Axies of the seperate graphs for the users to understand the data they are looking at , is ther not a way for me to hide the Titles using a Dax function or something ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use bookmarks to display which visual is showing based on slicer selection.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.