Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

calendar table with Sunday

Hi there,

I have created a calendar table separately because I wanted to showcase the days of the week and I used the below to create a column called MONTH DAY

Month Day = FORMAT([Date],"MMM dd") & " " & FORMAT('Calendar Table'[Date],"dddd")

sraj_0-1643397158957.png

But now I have the request to show only Sunday as the day on there like for e.g. Dec 01, Dec 02, Dec 03, Dec 04, Dec 05 Sunday, Dec 06, Dec 07, Dec 08, Dec 09, Dec 10, Dec 11, Dec 12 Sunday.  Can someone please advise if there is something I can add to the function to achieve this??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@sraj 

My test seems to show this works:

Month Day = FORMAT([Date],"MMM dd") & " " & IF( FORMAT([Date],"dddd") = "Sunday", FORMAT([Date],"dddd", "" ))

Might be a cleaner way write it, but the concept works.

Hope it works out for you.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Yes, that worked.  Thanks for pointing it out!!

@sraj,

Glad that you got it to work.  Happy to help!

rsbin
Super User
Super User

@sraj 

My test seems to show this works:

Month Day = FORMAT([Date],"MMM dd") & " " & IF( FORMAT([Date],"dddd") = "Sunday", FORMAT([Date],"dddd", "" ))

Might be a cleaner way write it, but the concept works.

Hope it works out for you.

Regards,

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks for responding!!  I am not very good with this so I dont know how to correct these squiggle errors

sraj_0-1643403379244.png

@sraj,

Please copy and paste your formula as text (like you did in your original post) - not as a picture.  I will try to see if I can spot the error.

sraj
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Month Day = FORMAT([Date],"MMM dd") & " " & FORMAT('Calendar Table'[Date],"ddd") = "Sunday", FORMAT([Date],"dddd", "" ))

@sraj,

You did not put in the "IF" statement after the second "&".   This is what makes the formula work!

You should be able to just copy and paste what I gave you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.