Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Frankcf
Frequent Visitor

calculating a margin base on multiple lines

excelmargin.JPG

margin.JPG

hi

i am new and somewhat lost at this point.

we use production orders that may have many lines.

i am able to calculte the margin on the whole production order but not by individual lines.

as an example

production order # 5 has a total margin of 50.00

line 1  has 50 items

the example has 2 production order #'s, the first produciton order has a  $ margin of

line  2 has 50 different items.

i want to be able evenly allocate the total margin accross many production order lines.

thanks

in the example the $margin value should be divided by 3 lines

the second production order line $margin should be divided by 2 lines.

i do not need to calculate the $margin per production order that values is already available. i need to check how many lines are in a producction order and then divide the total $margin by the line count.

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @Frankcf,

Any chance you can mock up some sample data showing the basic layout of what you have, along with a mock up of your ideal result?  We can then help with the bits in the middle.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @Frankcf

So in the sample you provided.  You have highlighted the two Margin values.  $8.60 and $2.92.  Do you simply want to add these together to get a value of $11.52 and divide them by 2 because there are two Prod_# ?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

hi

thanks for the response,

each of those $margins are from a different production order #, so the first value of $8.60 is divided by the number of lines in that production order.

the second value of $2.92 is divided by the number of lines from it's different prodcution order #

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.