Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

calculated column changes values in report

Hi all, 

I created that calculated column:

sum_1 = CALCULATE(SUM(fct_Orderdata[Total_order_price]);FILTER(fct_Orderdata;fct_Orderdata[Soldto_number] = EARLIER(fct_Orderdata[Soldto_number])))

It sums all prices up of one Soldto_number. 

When I want to use that sum_1 in a report, it changes its values for a report with only soldto_number and sum_1

I figured out, that when I create a report and add all columns of  fct_orderdata to it, I'll receive the same result in the report as I do receive in the table fct_orderdata. 

So my question is: How do I need to design sum_1 that allows me only using soldto_number as a reference in a report?

Many thanks

Lanko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

This is a slightly confusing question.

A calculated column doesn't change value.  You are seeing, I believe, an aggregation of the column in a table.

Show us your data and the desired outcome and i'm sure someone will help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

This is a slightly confusing question.

A calculated column doesn't change value.  You are seeing, I believe, an aggregation of the column in a table.

Show us your data and the desired outcome and i'm sure someone will help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @HotChilli  PowerBi just summarized automatically the values... as you said

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.